The5ers Educational Center

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Sept 5 - 9, 2022

In today’s trading room, we analyzed the charts for the upcoming week.

The DXY continued to push higher at this week's opening, and the EURUSD started trading below 1.00.

Ruben keeps sharing his vision and expectations about the market movements. The price may return to the mean after a long trendy movement.

Finally, there is an opportunity on the USDCAD after OPEC cut the supply of Oil, which pushed to 3% today.

👉 We will go LIVE again tomorrow @9:00 AM EDT

blog_iddrisu-100 How Iddrisu Recovered From A 90% DD on His Prop Account.jpg

Trust The5ers process, as it's only meant for the trader's good. That’s Iddrisu’s Advice.​

Iddrisu A, 44 years old, From Ghana.

Iddrisu has just successfully passed our Level 1. He is now one of The5ers funded traders and is trading with an 80K low-risk funded account.
His next mission is to reach 10% of profit and double his funds to 160K.

We spoke with Iddrisu about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and our platform as a funded trader.

• Tell us a little bit about you.
    I am a man of many hats. Perhaps, that's because I am always keen to explore everything. However, I've worked in recent years as a business developer with my own business consultancy firm. My main role in this capacity has been to establish business relationships between foreign investors with African partners and everything else. But aside from this, I've always seen myself as a trader and have worked at this dream since 2012. I guess now. I'll say that my long-held dream and work are being aligned with the trader funding program to finally take off and realize my trader dream. I guess, after finally passing the5ers program, which I've attempted several times since the very early days of the5ers inception and learning along the way, I will finally transition into a full-time trader moving forward.

• How long have you been trading?
    I've been trading since March 2012, when I started with binary options and migrated to Forex trading in 2015. So it's been 10 years now.

• Briefly describe your Trading Plan and how it contributes to your success.
    My trading plan is called the P.E.E.E plan, i.e., Preparedness, Execution, Exit, and Evaluation. I first prepare myself mentally and physically for the trading day from the night before, ensuring that I carry no residual emotional issues from the past trading sessions, family issues, financial worries, and any other that will distract me mentally. So I come to each day's session, which begins in the morning, my GMT time, with no mental and physical cabbage. The execution and exits are my market analysis and trade entry part, which begins first by checking the day's economic calendar for any events that may affect my chosen trading instrument for the day.My entry criteria are based on an impulse move that breaks price structure and a retest at the S or D origin of the impulse move, a wait for a weak to strong transfer at this point, and a momentum injection signal to trigger my entry. My trade management and exits are based on price moving in favor of up to the size of my SL to move SL to BE, or price breaking a recent high or low to move my SL and then trailing the trade. I set targets either as a percentage of the account equity I want to gain, as a 1:3+ RR, as a target of a liquidity area, a pivot or S/R point, or whichever, based on the market conditions.I then evaluate my trades at the end of each trading day to see how much I followed my plan during the trading day and what I must change, etc.

• Please share with us a challenge you faced in your trading career and how you overcame it.
    I've experienced all the challenges a trader will have in trading all my trading life and have resolved them. However, what still remains for me to address is "Impatience" that cause me to enter trades prematurely and always overtrade. And I realized it stems from my wrong desire to reach targets quickly. This has wrecked more havoc on all my trading accounts than anything else, as I lose focus the moment I am just a step away from reaching the target. And after repeating this several times over the years, and 5X in this particular evaluation, during which I almost run the account down to the drawdown limit in a single day, I finally sat and wrote down exactly who I felt during this time and why and what I can do to address it which was to keep calm, discard the idea of quick results and just execute my trades as I know and have planned. And I believe that by passing this evaluation finally, what I've taken from it all is that I should adopt an "a little bit at a time" approach to my trading, and I'll do just fine henceforth.

• How did you adjust risk management to your trading personality?
    I managed risk not by the percentage of the account I lost but by not being the least affected by losses I took which were way too many, if I should admit it. I guess that's the most important thing, not to be affected by whatever loss, as in that case, I didn't lose the gut to continue trading or let myself fall off the cliff. However, I do acknowledge that I should add a loss percentage limit to ensure that I don't give back almost all of what I lose each time, as has always been the case with me.

• Describe a key moment in your trading career.
    A key moment for me so far is when I was able to detach myself from any amount of losses finally. I realized by this that I am now able to hold trades for bigger wins, able to take many small losses, and able to step right back into the game even after a very bad trading day.

• How long does it take for you to become a consistent trader, and what aspects did you change that helped you to become consistent?
    My journey has been long and painful since 2012, so 10 solid years now. I realized it took me this long because I sabotaged myself all this while by continuing to implement bad practices in my trading. I identified and learned from many bad mistakes, but somehow I was never able to change and apply the right things as easily and quickly as I should have and hence this long period. But thankfully, even as I answer this survey, I realize that I've really come far, learned a lot, and I am finally ready to take off successfully and go far if I don't self-sabotage myself ever again.

• What is your mental/psychological strength, and how did you develop it?
    I guess after way too many failures in funded accounts attempts and trading losses, I've come to accept it as part of the whole game and now feel very comfortable with losing so much to the point that I've become non-resistant losses and detached from them.

• What was your strategy to successfully pass The5%ers’ First Level?
    My strategy was self believe without a shred of doubt that I've got all that it takes to succeed at it, even after many past failures. "Belief, Begin, Become" is my mantra. And a sheer big enthusiasm to become a fully funded trader no matter the challenges.

• How is trading for the5ers different from trading by yourself?
    With trading for the5ers, you are forced to do the right things, such as placing a stop loss in all trades to cut your losses and ensuring that you don't play around to hit your drawdown limit. I think the rules are like some angel standing right by you who whispers the right things to do to you. You only have to listen to it always, and you will do fine and surely succeed in the end.

• What would you recommend to someone who is just starting with us?
    I will tell anyone starting out to understand and trust the5ers process and follow it to the letter as it's only meant for the trader's own good. And also, be very patient and focus ONLY on the process.

• Would you like to share anything else with us?
    Yes, I want to thank the founders and staff of the5ers for being there all these years and giving people like me the hope to pursue our dreams of being full-time traders. For the immense change, you are making to the whole world in many ways. I never gave up because you continued to exist through your good business practice, and I look forward to growing with you to higher heights together. I can't express my thanks enough to all of you!

1f449.png
For more interviews from our professionally funded traders, visit The5ers.com.

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Sept 12 - 16, 2022

In today’s trading room, we discussed last week's news from the ECB by hiking interest rates to fight inflation.

This gave some fresh air to European Indices and the Euro currency.

Also, Ukraine seems to be pushing Russian troops closer to their border and bringing positive expectations for the energy crisis complex to be ended sooner.

Finally, the recent CFTC reports, which indicate the net exposure of all institutional funds, showed strong short contracts in the SP500. This may bring interesting recovery into Indices if we refer historically from it.

👉 We will go LIVE again tomorrow @9:00 AM EDT.

👉For more quality trading insight, follow us on Instagram, @the.5ers

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Sept 19 - 23, 2022

In today’s trading room, we discussed the unexpected inflation numbers released last week. It led to the Dollar strengthening and the stock markets tumbling.

After that news, the market slowed down, as usual, after a huge volatility movement.

Also, Oil continued to drop around the $82 per barrel area. This can lead to an interesting opportunity on the USDCAD after these pairs had a long move up.

This week, we expect the FED to increase the increase rate by 0.75 points. But the market may already price it.

👉 We will go LIVE again tomorrow @9:00 AM EDT.

👉 For more quality trading insight, follow us on Instagram, @the.5ers

blog_brandon-100 Managing $960,000 With The5ers Prop Firm After Only 8 Days.jpg

Managing $960,000 With The5ers Prop Firm After Only 8 Days

Brandon R, 28 years old, from the United States.

Brandon is a Level 4 Funded Trader. He has successfully passed 3 levels with three different accounts. He is now managing $960,000.

His next mission is to reach a 10% profit to double his funds to $1,920,000.

We spoke with Brandon about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and our platform as a funded trader.

• Tell us a little about you and How long you have been trading?
    Hello. I'm 28yrs old and from Chicago, IL. Originally was introduced to trading in 2016/2017 by people selling signals and holy grail systems. I quickly caught on that these people weren't actually successful and sought out a mentor to teach me.
    From there, I traded off and on, switching between signals and trying to "flip" my own accounts and always blowing them. After taking a step away from trading when I joined the military, I decided to come back to trading.
    I now had a steady income stream and could focus on long-term growth instead of getting rich quickly and quitting my Barista job. This helped my mindset, but I still had some psychological barriers to overcome when it came to managing real, large amounts of money. I have overcome those and now currently managing about 1 million with The5ers!

• Why, as an experience prop trader you choose The5ers?
    Well, definitely the fact you get money back and no time crunch to pass the trial. 30-day trials on demo accounts are designed to be lost. While I've made over 20% this month, doing that under outside pressure is a different psychological battle. One that most fail. The5ers don't do that and actually want traders to win.
    Also, The5ers broker is amazing. Execution is spot on, and no crazy slippage at entries. Also, a lot of brokers have crazy spread widening before news events and always say (it's our liquidity providers) when really, they are unregulated offshore brokers doing shady business. With The5ers, while trading the FOMC, I still had less than 1 pip spread.

• It's the second time you have reached a large account. What's your secret?
    Risk reward ratios really help. I use pretty tight stops aiming for 5-7 times my risk. So I can afford a few losers in a row. Also, I lock in profit pretty quickly, so usually, that tight stop goes to breakeven, so I'm running risk-free trades.

• Briefly describe how you prepare yourself for the trading day.
    You know, right now, I actually work full-time. In general, though, I stay up to date with my institutional analysis. I have access to research from the trading desks of some very large, common banks that most aren't privy to. I use that to give me a decent overall macro picture - which especially helps trading news.
    That edge dissipates the lower timeframe I trade, and I do a lot of trading on the 5min - 1hr chart. It's still a habit I'm growing in, but for those, I like to do a quick meditation before I open the charts, listen to my intuition first, then do some technical analysis in line with that.

• How did you adjust risk management with larger accounts?
    I will admit in the beginning stages. I push the tempo a bit, higher risk per trade, hoping to beat the target quickly. As I'm now trading a large account, though, there's a lot more on the line. While I consider myself a discretionary trader, I have set some rules now that I have just hit the 1 million mark.
    I'm only reentering trades that I've lost once, and if I have a breakeven trade or small winner that has moved 30-40 pips in my direction, I don't trade that pattern anymore.
    In the past, I often would reenter trades, trying to catch a trend, not wanting to miss out. On my last account, this led me into some pretty avoidable drawdown. I'm now becoming a little more patient and okay with missing that move and stepping away from the chart.
    Along with that - I'm not going to utilize my full leverage anymore. While I generally have a very high hit rate, even the best strategies will have bad periods. For that reason, I'm going to be trading the same lot sizes as my last account size and lower my exposure.

Hypnotherapy! This may sound crazy to some, but I've become very mindful of my emotions by meditating. Impatience is an anxious reaction to seeing negative price action, fear of missing out, and sometimes fear of letting a good trade go bad. I worked on these things with a hypnotherapist, and I kid you not, I saw immediate benefits.

There are so many things. But I would say to get started. A demo account cannot replicate the psychology of trading real money. A $50k account is not equivalent to a $20k eval. Starting trading and start small but not your emotions; regrets about losers, not sticking to your strategy (if you are systematic) and taking profits early or have a strategy that worked in back-test and forward test and now it's not. You doubt it and change things.
    This is a mental game. You do not necessarily need hypnotherapy (though I recommend it) but constantly remind yourself that this game is about the process over the outcome. That mindset alone will help a lot. You will then become calmer in this environment, which can often make people boil over.

👉For more interviews from our professionally funded traders, visit The5ers.com.

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Oct 3 - 7, 2022

In today’s trading room, we discussed the volatile movement of last week in the USD pairs and especially on the GBPUSD.

The GBPUSD has marked a historical low after the announcement of huge tax cuts funded. The GBP has been supported by the BOE and pushed the price 7% up already from its low.

The US markets are still very weak, and we can expect a new low after the continuation of the inflation and recession period.

Finally, Oil has bounced at the beginning of the week after OPEC cut supply, which led the CAD to appreciate.

$49,186.33 profit payout with The5ers.

Hugo is one of our veteran traders, and he has been trading with us for 18 months.

Watch The Interview With Hugo

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Oct 11 - 14, 2022

In today’s trading room, we analyzed the major FX pairs, such as GBPUSD, EURUSD, and USDCAD. He also started building positions on those two pairs.

The Dollar remains very strong, and the up-trend is intact for the DXY.

The American Indices, especially the SP500, continued losing momentum on the downside.

Ruben started building a position expecting the market to take some fresh air.

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Oct 18 - 21, 2022

In today’s trading room, we discussed the implications of a strong dollar regarding international debt and its effects on the US economy.

We expect a reversal in trend and start seeing some signs of potential reversals, especially on GBP/USD and EUR/USD.

We used the fundamental analysis for our bias for short-term trading.

We used building techniques and fixing techniques to respond to market activity.

inteviw_with_a_trader_oleh_u_blog_oleh Oleh Explains How He Constantly Keeps His Drawdown small.png

Everything that doesn't kill your trading account makes you stronger.​

Oleh U. is 40 years old, From Ukraine.

Oleh has just successfully passed Level 1. He is now one of The5ers funded traders and is trading with an 80K low-risk funded account.

We spoke with Oleh about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and our platform as a funded trader.

I am a lawyer and have worked for a government agency for a long time. But I have always been attracted by the freedom that trading gives – you don’t need to sit in the office all day. Therefore, since 2013, I have begun getting involved in binary options and forex.

Since 2014, I have been trading part-time forex, and a year and a half ago, when I lost my main job, I started trading full-time.

In trading, I combine price action (in particular, candlestick analysis) and trading with indicators. I believe there is no universal recipe, and each trader should develop their own trading style. I try to enter a trade on an impulse candle with a trend and trail it until the trend is exhausted.At first, I spent many years without results on trading with indicators, then on price action (I think that the significance of the levels is too overestimated), and only their combination began to bring positive results for me. I believe that capital prоtection is the number one for a trader, so if the price does not go to my target for some time or starts to reverse, I close the trade.

• Please share with us a challenge you faced in your trading career and how you overcame it.
    I believe that only perseverance can lead to a goal. During these eight years, I often experienced despair, but the desire to make a living from trading kept me moving forward. I agree with the statement that you need to spend 10,000 hours (maybe someone needs less, someone more) to become a professional in any field. If at first years I looked at the chart and frantically tried to understand what was happening, now 5 seconds are enough for me to see the trend, levels, graphics- and candlestick patterns. Again, practice and experience are the keys to success. When you gain confidence in your trading skills, 90% of the trading problems will disappear.

• How did you adjust risk management to your trading personality?
    In my trading, I risk a percentage not of the entire deposit but of the amount I am ready to lose (I am not ready to lose more than 30% of the deposit – otherwise, I will stop trading). When passing the5ers challenge, I applied the same principle – I risked 3- 4% in one deal, not on the amount of 20,000 (whole deposit), but on the amount of 1200 (to max loss).

For me, it was the realization of the symbiosis of the trading system, money management, and psychology. It’s like swimming – you will invariably sink if you use only your arms or legs. To swim, you need to work with your whole body synchronously.

• How long does it take for you to become a consistent trader, and what aspects did you change that helped you to become consistent?
    It wasn’t a moment like turning on a light bulb. At first, I was losing for a long time, then I swam in the breakeven area, and only in the last two years, I began to earn. Practice, practice, practice is the answer.

For me, the most important thing is to follow a trading plan. Violation of the plan triggers all the demons of trading – FOMO, overtrading, early exit of trades, holding losses, etc. I don’t remember who said it – show me a trader who follows a trading plan strictly, and I will show you a successful trader. Unfortunately, during the first challenge with The5ers, I violated my plan and lost my account.

• What was your strategy to successfully pass The5%ers’ First Level?
    As I said above, it was a strict risk limit and following a trading plan. For example, in my trading, I trade on the daily, h4, and h1 timeframes; with The5ers, I traded on m5 and sometimes even m1. And it was also a serious challenge for my discipline. But if you can successfully trade the lower timeframes, the higher timeframes are much easier.

With The5ers, there are limitations of risks, which is very good for developing discipline.

1)Believe in your system and your skills.
    2) Seriously limit your risks.
    3) Do not rush your trading – you have a lot of time with the5ers.

• Would you like to share anything else with us?
    I like one phrase by Mike Bellafiore (an author of One good trade book) – Everything that doesn’t kill your trading account makes you stronger.
👉 For more interviews from our professionally funded traders, visit The5ers.com

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Oct 24 - 28, 2022

In today’s trading room, Saul shows one of his large trading accounts ($600,000) and trades it in front of everyone.

We expect a very volatile week with a lot of high-impact events.

We identify large interventions in the market, especially in the JPY, as it is getting close to sensible levels.

👉 We will go LIVE tomorrow @9:00 AM EDT on The5ers YouTube channel.

Brian has successfully passed our PM 2 instant funding program and is now one of The5ers PM 3 funded traders, trading on a $160K low-risk account.

His next mission is to reach 10% of profit and double his funds to $320K.

👉 For more interviews from our professionally funded traders, visit The5ers site.

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Oct 31 – Nov 4, 2022 - Upcoming, Traders Day Live Event

In today’s trading room, Saul spoke about the upcoming Tradersday.live event, which will take place in the UK in 2023. It's going to be the largest educational meet-up trading event in Europe

We also analyzed the charts for the upcoming week. We start with the higher time frames and then check the lower time frames to look for intraday opportunities.

We see how the Euro, GBP, and AUD start forming potential reversal patterns on the daily charts. They have formed new higher highs and higher lows. However, the Fed keeps increasing interest rates in the US, increasing the demand for the US dollar.

👉 For more information about the traders day live event, go to tradersday.live

Jirachat is now one of The5ers PM 3 funded traders, trading on a $320K low-risk account.

His next mission is to reach 10% of profit and double his funds to $640K.

👉 For more interviews from our professionally funded traders, visit The5ers site.

👉 Weekly Forex Forcast Nov 7 - 11, 2022

In today’s trading room, we discussed the potential reversal patterns on some charts, such as head and shoulders on USD/CAD and inverse head and shoulders on AUD/USD.

These patterns align with the fundamental analysis of a long-term weaker USD.

We did some scalping and successfully managed a long position on EUR/USD.

👉 We will go LIVE tomorrow @9:00 AM EDT on The5ers YouTube channel

👉 Weekly Forex Forcast Nov 14 - 18, 2022

Today, we discussed the last CPI release on Thursday, which led the US indices to explode and the DXY to tumble.

As a macroeconomic correlation, the balance between risk-off and risk-on environment keeps leading the global market direction.

The EURUSD and GBPUSD have pushed around 10% from their yearly low. However, the bullish momentum in the Dollar may end if we keep getting better economic numbers.

Finally, today, the markets are relatively calm and not making any big movement.

👉 Weekly Forex Forcast Nov 21 - 25, 2022

Today, we reviewed the DXY, which showed a small reversal on the H4 timeframe at the end of last week. This actually gives an interesting opportunity to make the downtrend continue for the Dollar.

Ruben has opened some trades in EURUSD and GBPUSD that could potentially continue their push and get stronger against the USD.

This week may show low volatility in the US markets because of National Holiday on Thursday and Black Friday.

David Explains Why Trading With The5ers Helped Him Become a Better Trader.jpg

David Explains Why Trading With The5ers Helped Him Become a Better Trader​

David T. is 54 years old, From the United Kingdom.

David has just successfully passed Level 1. He is now one of The5ers funded traders and is trading with an 80K low-risk funded account.

We spoke with David about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and our platform as a funded trader.

I’m an ex-software developer who has been trading on and off part-time for about 25 years now. I’ve always struggled with risk management, and hence I’ve never been profitable. I’ve only just very recently just realized that becoming a funded trader was a reality, as I always thought you had to already be a professional trader to get funding. So I decided to give 5ers a go as I like the way they differentiate themselves from the competition by having at least 6 months to pass the level 1 evaluation phase. This is far better and allows you to trade normally and at your own normal pace as opposed to the other firms who force you to reach high-profit targets in 30 days or so. I intend to run up to the max of six 5ers accounts simultaneously, so I always have accounts with good funding levels, even if I occasionally lose an account.
    On and off for 25 years or so. I am a part-time trader.
    Strategy one is to trade in a strong trend on any timeframe and enter trades on any good pullbacks. Strategy two is to trade any breakouts while in a range-bound period.
    The only challenges have been keeping to keep the risk on each trade low to protect my personal accounts in the long run. With a funded account, you have no choice but to apply good risk management, so I only trade with funded accounts now.
    My Achilles heel was always very poor risk management and also lack of capital which I think is related to only having a small personal account leads to overleveraging and risking too much to try and grow your account. With a largely funded account, you have to obey strict rules and risk parameters, and also the large.
    25 years! Discovered funded accounts and started applying proper risk management.
    Becoming more patient and keeping risk low as possible. I’m still developing these strengths, but I’m slowly getting there.
  • What was your strategy to successfully pass The5ers’ First Level?
    I failed on my 1st attempt at passing the evaluation. However, I started a 2nd instant-funded account. On this 2nd account, I was initially going to take my time with lots of small profits over several months. I had a break-even trade, and then, however, on my 2nd trade, I scaled into a very good move on US500 (S&P 500) index and hit my 7% target to pass level one within a day or so of opening my account. So I was definitely a bit lucky, but I was intent on being a lot more patient with this 2nd account evaluation and applying better risk management and waiting for the right setups, and taking my time.
    Strong emphasis on good risk management and access to large amounts of capital.
    Learn on a demo account and then a live account with a small amount of funds to get a consistent trade strategy with most of the emphasis on risk management, as this is key and allows you to learn to develop your trading strategy while not losing all your account funds. Then once you can trade consistently, have a look at funded accounts to start making a decent income. Aim to just make 2-3% a month profit or even just break even as that is what is realistic long-term, and that can be a good income with a large funded account. Above all, forget to try to get rich quickly as that is the fastest way to be unsuccessful in trading.
  • Share online resources that were/are significant in your trading development.
    Forexsignals TV youtube channel is a very good resource.
👉For more interviews from our professionally funded traders, visit The5ers site.

👉 Weekly Forex Forcast Nov 28 - Dec 2, 2022

In today’s trading room, we reviewed the DXY movement of last week. The DXY seems to be continuing its downtrend and confirming the switch to a risk-on environment.

Also, the GBPJPY has provided a good swing opportunity from last week, but also a nice spot for day trading.

Finally, after the Thanksgiving holiday, US indices have been very quiet. We are expecting an increase in volatility the following week.

👉 We will go LIVE tomorrow @9:00 AM ET on The5ers YouTube channel

👉 Weekly Forex Forcast Dec 5 - Dec 9, 2022

In today’s trading room, as usual, we discussed about the Dollar currency and analyzed deeper the last movement in the DXY.

The DXY keeps losing value, 7% from November already, and is not showing any strength.

Regarding Gold, the market reached again $1,800, which was a key zone for 2 years now. The market can provide some rejection after the long rally we had in October.

👉 We will go LIVE tomorrow @9:00 AM ET on The5ers YouTube channel

Back
Top Bottom