Feb-20, 2022, World economy and financial news and analysis.

somrat4030

Feb-20, 2022, World economy and financial news and analysis, by forex forum.​

The "creeping tendrils of the Kremlin" have been allowed to wrap themselves around the UK and turn London into a global money laundering capital, Keir Starmer has said, as he accused successive Conservative governments of failing to act on the threat.

In an excoriating attack on the government's stance on Russian influence within Britain, the Labour leader said that the UK needed to get "our own house in order" as it unites with the west to confront Vladimir Putin.

The warning comes as new figures obtained by the Observer show nearly 30,000 properties in England and Wales including mansions owned by the Russian elite are registered to companies and individuals based in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). Most of the owners are unknown after delays in a government pledge to end secret offshore ownership of property.

Source: theguardian.com/world

On the other hand, U.S. financial markets will close Monday for Presidents Day.​

No trading will take place on the New York Stock Exchange or Nasdaq until those exchanges reopen on Tuesday following the three-day holiday weekend to celebrate George Washington's birthday. U.S. bond markets will also shut down Monday.

Most banks, including Federal Reserve Banks, will also shut their doors on Monday and the U.S. Postal Service will not deliver mail.

Foreign financial markets, however, are open Monday.

Markets became turbulent last week as investors worried about the latest developments in Ukraine, where Russia has been massing troops on the border.

The tensions are yet another concern for investors as they try to determine how the economy will react to record inflation and expected interest rate hikes from the Federal Reserve.

Elsewhere, Fears that Russia will invade Ukraine are weighing heavily on the market rally, which is already dealing with inflation and other big headwinds.​

The uncertainty over what Russian President Vladimir Putin will do adds significantly to the volatility.

Belarus said Sunday that its big war games with Russia will be extended beyond today, citing unrest in parts of Eastern Ukraine. Russia had said its troops would return home at the conclusion of the massive drills on Feb. 20. But Russian forces have continued to build up in recent days.

On the other hand, Boris Johnson has warned that a war in Ukraine could be the "biggest in Europe since 1945", amid western fears that increased shelling in the Donbas region could be part of a "false-flag operation" preparing the pretext for Vladimir Putin to invade.

His comments came as Mr Putin oversaw strategic nuclear exercises involving launches of ballistic missiles, in an apparent "show of strength".

While Joe Biden has said he is "convinced" Russian forces will invade "within days", the US president said he does not believe the Kremlin is considering the use of nuclear force.

Western leaders in Munich said they wanted to continue dialogue with Russia, and – after separate phone calls with the Russian and Ukrainian presidents on Sunday – the office of France's Emmanuel Macron said both had agreed to work toward a diplomatic solution "in coming days and coming weeks".

Source: independent.co.uk/news

For getting latest world economical news and updates join this forex forum.

You can learn more about forex trading at forum.forex

This is the forex forum for beginners and professional currency market traders. Discuss and share forex trading tactics, currency pairs, tips and forex market data. Analyze forex brokers, leverage and signals providers.

Thank You

This is a great example of why I don't trade fundamentals any more, it's a stressful way to live life, with the weight of global politics on your shoulders every day. It's all just noise anyway, one big theatre show. My advice to everyone is to STOP WATCHING THE NEWS. Trading the volatility using technicals is a much less stressful way to make money... and ultimately all the information you need to trade is in the charts anyway. Trying to second guess which direction the market will move based on world events is pretty futile, in my opinion... I traded like this for a few years and it drove me crazy in the end. :)
But without knowing the proper news, how you will trade successfully. So, i think Fundamental analysis is also important for traders.

Very simple answer to that. The 'news' that the general public / retail traders consume is of little use. The game is rigged against us. Most economic news from mainstream media sources is ultimately working to a narrative designed to benefit those who control the markets (Billionaires, central banks, governments, etc), not us retail traders. I've been in the investing game for a long enough to see through all the lies and propaganda by now. A good example would be to listen to what Jim Cramer says on CNBC, then observe what the markets actually do. JP Morgan is another fine example of telling the retail crowd one thing and then doing the other. These people are NOT to be trusted.

Also worth noting that the markets rarely react as expected in regard to high impact news and data. So again, this information is not as useful as many people believe it to be. It can occasionally be helpful to watch the COT Reports, to see how commercial / non-commercial market participants are positioned, but even these don't offer much help for shorter-term trading.

To answer your question, 'How will you trade successfully?' Simple. I trade the charts and the charts give me all the information I need in terms of price action. I can then react based on a high probability of what price might do next. As told, I did trade fundamentals / economic news for a few years... but I found that it just confuses things, especially given that the narrative changes from day to day, sometimes even by the hour - Russia / Ukraine being a good example of this. It's all just noise and one big theatre show at the end of the day and once you realise that you'll never consume mainstream media again, least of all act upon it in terms of making your trading and investing decisions.

But, that's just my opinion and I also respect yours.
Thanks for your opinion, i also respect your opinion.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom