• Attention Forex Brokers, FX Companies & Hedge Funds.
    forum.forex is available for Acquisition
    Enquire

Use ChatGPT to create Indicator - No Code Tutorial

0xTheChartist

Use ChatGPT to create Indicator - No Code Tutorial

u/0xTheChartist - Use ChatGPT to create Indicator - No Code Tutorial
No code with ChatGPT
How many times do you want to combine 2 or more indicators into one indicator but you don't know how to code?
How many times do you want to customize your indicator like add orders, change color, or input… but you cannot code?
How many times do you look at the lines of code of an indicator but you don't know how it works? Is it good? Is it repaint?
You don't know, you want to, but you are not a coder, you are only a trader.
In this topic, I will guide you on how to use chatGPT to build your best trading strategy from scratch.
After this topic, you will be able to combine indicators, customize your indicators, and understand every single line code of these indicators.
First thing, if you decide to watch the whole topic, congratulations, you are stepping out of your comfort zone, and you are ready to learn something new. That will be the first step of every successful trader, remember, never keep your mindset fixed, especially in the finance market.
Join my discord, a group that all non-coders can discuss freely and also free Tradingview Premium: Join the The Chartist Discord Server!
#1 Version 4 only
What is version 4, and why is version 4? Pine Script™ is TradingView's programming language, and after so many experiments, I found out that ChatGPT can generate the best result, you will meet more errors if you let ChatGPT generate Pine script code version 5.
Here is an example of when I created a strategy built from 4 EMAs and 1 Bollinger band with buy/sell orders. Pinescript V4 generated from ChatGPT has no error at all, and we will have an error like in the image above showed that the function crossover cannot be found.
The biggest reason is that ChatGPT's data is mostly before 2021, there are not enough references about Pine script version 5 for ChatGPT to understand deeply, but it still can write Pine script version 4 as well.
#2 Break down the job into smaller tasks
Never try to demand ChatGPT to complete a really complex indicator with multiple different functions. You will waste your days on fixing errors and get nothing after all.
Try to break down the indicator into smaller parts. For example: if you want to create an indicator that is a combination of 4 EMAs and 1 Bollinger Band, you should tell ChatGPT to write 1 EMA indicator first, then make sure that indicator works fine, if yes, move on and tell it to add more EMA as you wish, if not, rewrite again. After that, tell it to add Bollinger Band to it.
That's it, after that, you can tell it to do whatever you want base on the indicator you created, like add buy/sell orders, change color, linewidth…
#3 Combine indicators
Step by step as I mentioned in #2, start with one indicator first, then add more indicators after the first one which works fine.
In some cases, you want to combine indicators which is not a popular one, you know what I mean, the indicator from the community. You should copy the whole code of that indicator into ChatGPT and then tell it to combine. At this point, ChatGPT will not have to recreate the indicator from scratch anymore, you will save a lot of time in fixing bug
#4 Customize the indicators
Right after you input the code of the indicator in ChatGPT, you can tell them to change the variable, change the color, or change whatever you want. For example, if I want to make BB's line width thicker, I will just tell ChatGPT exactly what I want, and it will change it for me.
#5 Dig deeper
Actually, using ChatGPT is a creative way to learn Pinescript, it saves a lot of time for you and gives you a different beginning in learning indicator programming. You will not have to start with hours reading documents, understanding functions to variables, and other hard-to-swallow things.
Just paste the code into ChatGPT then tell it and explain it to you, the shortest way, the most relaxing way to learn pine script and complete your strategy.
Join my discord, a group that all non-coders can discuss freely and also free Tradingview Premium: Join the The Chartist Discord Server!

forex #binance #StocksToBuy #Crypto

Back
Top Bottom