Moving average

CjonesRN

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and trading all together ❤. I have a question about moving average w/ respect to the forex trading platform. I know what the MA is, it's purpose, and how to apply it, etc. My problem is where the heck is it and how to I get to it. I have looked everywhere for it and I can't find it any where on the platform I'm using. I know there has to be someone that knows what I'm talking about....if so your expertise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
CJonesRN

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and trading all together ❤. I have a question about moving average w/ respect to the forex trading platform. I know what the MA is, it's purpose, and how to apply it, etc. My problem is where the heck is it and how to I get to it. I have looked everywhere for it and I can't find it any where on the platform I'm using. I know there has to be someone that knows what I'm talking about....if so your expertise is greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your valuable Question. You can read this article for understanding proper about Moving average, where apply it, and how to calculate it?

Thanks and regards

Feel free to ask any question.

Thanks

Hi, if you want to open indicator's folder, here is a path. Regards Greg

File ⇾ open data folder ⇾ MQL4 ⇾ indicators
YESSSSSS!!!!!!????? Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You knew exactly what I was trying to say!!!!! I know how to use it.....if I can ever find it. Thank you so much for your help. I am going to try it right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

?
Hi, if you want to open indicator's folder, here is a path. Regards Greg

File ⇾ open data folder ⇾ MQL4 ⇾ indicators
Hey Professor, Am I looking for a drop down menu....possibly at the top of the screen and to the far left??? If so, I didn't see it. I took a pic of the very first thing i see when I log in to the forex trading platform and I Attached it to this post. Can you look and tell me what you think???
20220115_110545.jpg

Hi, I thought you are use pc version ;) (never used web versions ) webtrader are different between brokers, I assume, you want to add new indicator to chart. I marked places where, probably, you can add indicators to the chart, but I don't have 100% sure. Maybe you can try pc version ? Regards Greg

20220115_110545.jpg

What trading platform that you are using? in Metatrader 4 indicator MA included as default indicator, it easy to find the indicator, just click add indicator then click trend and find Moving Average

img[.png

For me personally, moving averages help in trading. If we take a simple moving average with a parameter of 200, then it clearly shows the trend and sometimes acts as support for the price.

For me personally, moving averages help in trading. If we take a simple moving average with a parameter of 200, then it clearly shows the trend and sometimes acts as support for the price.
MA 200 based on an article this is good to measure long-term trend price, in daily timeframe, MA line may act as dynamic support and resistant, in a downtrend, when the price move pullback and new on MA line, often become signal trading with high accuracy.

Yes, indeed, the daily time frame for the 200 moving average is very suitable. If we also add a moving average of 100 and 50 in the complex, then this will give a good result.

MA indicator is a very flexible indicator, sometimes traders created new displaying indicators using a combination of many MA in different period setups, like a rainbow indicator consists of so many MA indicators in one chart, like a rainbow with various colors.

Thanks
CJonesRN
The moving average (MA) is the most popular technical indicator in Forex trading. It is a calculation to analyze data using the average change in a data series over time. It is a common technical analysis indicator that is used in identifying and spotting market trends. Moving averages represent continuously calculated values that change constantly based on the average price changes in a set period of time.

The moving average is so common because it is simple, versatile, and easy to apply.

Basic Types of Moving Averages

There are different types of moving averages out there, each is characterized by the way the data are weighted. The three basic and most common types of moving average (MA) are:

1. Simple (SMA): It is the simplest formula of the moving averages, calculated by adding the set of values and dividing them by their count.
  2. Exponential (EMA): The calculation of this indicator gives more weight to recent prices.
  3. Weighted (WMA): It is a more complicated formula that assigns greater weight to recent prices, calculated by multiplying the given price by its weighting and totalling the values.

Moving average included as lagging indicator, it means these tools give signal after the trend has formed, so sometimes when traders use MA crossover as a trading signal, they often too late to get the best price, but moving average still used many trader as help tool, sometimes MA indicator modified like as Mc Ginley indicator inspired by MA, Bollinger band also use MA, MACD also uses MA as basic clacluation. There are so many custom indicator get inspired by Moving Average.

A moving average is a commonly used technical analysis indicator that smooths out price data by calculating an average over a specified period. It helps traders identify trends, determine support and resistance levels, and generate trading signals.

Moving average is one of my favorite trading indicators and I pair it with fibonacchi to generate good trading signal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Operating techniques properly is the prominent function that a trader must do. But, here is traders are failure mostly. Some traders like to avoid trading risk whereas some are willing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moving averages are a technical analysis tool that smooths out price data by creating a constantly updated average. This helps traders identify trends and potential reversals in the market. The concept is simple: moving averages calculate the average price of an asset over a specific period of time, which can be adjusted according to preference.

When plotted on a chart, moving averages create lines that show the trend direction of an asset's price movement. In general, if the price is above the moving average line(s), it indicates an uptrend; while if it's below them, it suggests a downtrend.

Moving Average On Forex Technical Chart

The significance of moving averages lies in their ability to filter out short-term fluctuations and market noise in prices, this help traders focus on long-term trends instead. They also serve as dynamic support or resistance levels for prices based on how they interact with them.

Learn how to use moving averages effectively with our beginners guide.

Moving averages are a technical analysis tool that smooths out price data by creating a constantly updated average. This helps traders identify trends and potential reversals in the market. The concept is simple: moving averages calculate the average price of an asset over a specific period of time, which can be adjusted according to preference.

When plotted on a chart, moving averages create lines that show the trend direction of an asset's price movement. In general, if the price is above the moving average line(s), it indicates an uptrend; while if it's below them, it suggests a downtrend.

View attachment 10759

The significance of moving averages lies in their ability to filter out short-term fluctuations and market noise in prices, this help traders focus on long-term trends instead. They also serve as dynamic support or resistance levels for prices based on how they interact with them.

Learn how to use moving averages effectively with our beginners guide.

It seems to me that it is impossible to win using systems based on moving average because it is based on past price observations, i.e. it just shows what happened in the past just under different angle, lol

Back
Top Bottom