The5ers Educational Center

Gordon S, 50 years old, From Canada.

Gordon has just successfully scaled up his account for the second time on our Freestyle program. He is now trading a $100K funded account on the Freestyle, He did it in only 6 weeks keeping 100% of the profits, and he is also funded a $40K account on the low risk.

His next mission on the Freestyle is to complete another 100 trades and keep a consistent performance to grow his Freestyle account to $125K.

His next mission on the low risk is to reach 10% of profit and double his funds to 80K.

👉🏻 For more forex trading insight, follow us on Instagram: @the.5ers

Weekly trade idea on GBP/JPY.​

Week: 23-27.05.2022​

Weaker PMI's and Retail Sales.​

GBP has been producing some weaker data as of recently and I expect it to continue. The BoE have hiked their rates for a 4th time but have signalled there is less to come. This idea has been forming for weeks now and the bullish power is clearly weakening.

JPY on the other hand has had a recent re-evaluation after the steep runs. Potential profit taking moving the market. Rising rates and the central bank's level of hawkishness could drive stocks lower, therefore driving the JPY higher.

Key Levels:​

• Resistance 161.300
  • Support 158.800

Trend GBP/JPY.​

Bearish

Overall trend recently has been to the downside on the pair, I think this trend will continue into the near future and break lower lows as it moves.

Call to Action/Trade Idea​

Wait for a break in trend line and a fair value price to enter short on this pair for the short term future.

👉🏻 For more forex trading insight, follow us on Instagram: @the.5ers

image (84).png

Weekly Forex Analysis May 30 – Jun 3, 2022

We have discussed the DXY, and we expect it to slide down for the following week into his next liquidity zone, around 99.

The situation in China has been better, as they opened back their economy this week and allowed transportation again. This has led to an important push in Oil and US Indices.

This strengthens the fundamental short-term movement on the Dollar. Regarding Gold, some move on the upside can be expected as the commodity sector continues its bullish movement, and a hedge against inflation is essential.

We have continued our analysis on the EURUSD, GBPUSD, and NZDUSD.

👉 For more forex trading insight, follow us on Instagram: @the.5ers

👉 We will go LIVE again tomorrow @9:00 AM EDT on The5ers YouTube channel

Weekly trade idea on AUD/USD.​

Week: 6-10.06.2022​

Aggressive rate hike RBA.​

AUD is expected to have another pump up as the RBA prepares themselves for one of the most aggressive hikes seen in years. As we have seen previously, rate hikes have proven a great opportunity for bulls to get into the market when the liquidity arrives. With China moving out of lockdown and positive jobs reports, the AUD is looking strong.

• Resistance 0.72600
  • Support 0.71600

Trend AUD/USD.​

Bullish

Overall trend recently has been to the upside recently with the AUD looking more and more promising given current conditions.

Wait for a retest on the trend line and a fair value price to enter long on this pair prior to the RBA rate hike decision.

1f449.png
For more forex trading insight, follow us on TradingView: @the5erstrading

image (85).png

Weekly trade idea on AUD/JPY.​

Week: 12-17.06.2022​

Positive employment data expected.​

AUD is expected to have another pump up as the analysts expect a 0.1% decrease in unemployment. As we have seen previously, employment data has proven a great opportunity for bulls to get into the market when the liquidity arrives.

JPY missed their manufacturing index early monday morning which shows a continuation of weakness with the currency.

• Resistance 95.4
  • Support 94

Trend AUD/JPY.​

Bullish

Overall trend recently has been to the upside considerably with the JPY proving to be extremely weak.

Wait for a retest on the demand area and enter long on this pair early in the week.

1f449.png

image.png

Weekly trade idea on USD/CHF.​

Week: 20-25.06.2022​

Losing confidence in the USD.​

The Fed continues to hike rates in the USA which usually creates an immense amount of demand for the USD signalling the economy is growing, but as we hike and hike more aggressively, many are starting to realise that when we have reached these high-interest rates before, it has resulted in a recession. As time moves forward, the USD is looking less and less appealing.

The CHF on the other hand has hiked rates for the first time since 2015 creating an explosive move. Many investors are starting to look at the CHF as a great opportunity over the next 6 months.

• Resistance 1.000
  • Support 0.957

Trend USD/CHF.​

Sideways

The overall trend recently has been to the upside but has now started to form a sideways channel.

Wait for a break below recent support, if a clean break is provided, short.

1f449-png.png

image (1).png

Weekly Forex Analysis July 4 – 8, 2022 – In today's session, we discussed the DXY, Indices, and agricultural commodity prices.

For more quality trading insight, follow us on Instagram, @the.5ers

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis July 11 – 15, 2022

In today’s trading room, we discussed the dollar flying against other currencies, as we see the DXY reaching a top at 107.00.

Mostly against the European basket, the Dollar remains very strong. As Ruben explained, there are two mains reasons for that:

1 - European economies didn't start to fight inflation, in opposition to the US, which had already hiked its interest rate several times.
2 - The Dollar remains strong against worldwide inflation and a risk-off environment.

Also, Ruben had an explanation regarding the forecast on Oil. JP Morgan expects the oil price to reach $380 if Russia cuts exportations.

Finally, Ruben discussed several CAD pairs and managed an interesting trade on Gold in a consolidation zone.

👉 For more quality trading insight, follow us on Instagram, @the.5ers

👉 We will go LIVE again tomorrow @9:00 AM EDT

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis July 18 – 22, 2022

In today’s trading room, we have analyzed the Dollar Index (DXY). We highly expect it to be still on an overextended movement and can bring a dip on the downside.

The indices as well have been recovering well from their bottom and are now struggling at an important key zone. Ruben also mentioned that it might be the beginning of the switch between Risk-off and Risk-off environment, as we see Crypto and Oil going up on a short time scale.

Finally, at the end of the session, Ruben made some scalping on the Nasdaq, which had a volatile market opening and led to some opportunities.

👉 We will go LIVE again tomorrow @9:00 AM EDT on The5ers Youtube channel

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis July 25 – 29, 2022

In today’s trading room, we have analyzed the Dollar Index (DXY). We highly expect it to be still on an overextended movement and can bring a dip on the downside.

The indices as well have been recovering well from their bottom and are now struggling at an important key zone. Ruben also mentioned that it might be the beginning of the switch between Risk-off and Risk-off environment, as we see Crypto and Oil going up on a short time scale.

Finally, at the end of the session, Ruben made some scalping on the Nasdaq, which had a volatile market opening and led to some opportunities.

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Aug 1st - 5th, 2022

In today’s trading room, we continued analyzing the Dollar, which is the top asset to look for during this market period.

At the end of last week, the Dollar depreciated against the other pairs of the basket.

And it may have some space to go. Technically, the DXY arrives in a confluence zone where it can attract some buyers.

Finally, we continued to highlight the negative correlation between the Dollar and capital markets, which may be the continuing switch between risk-off to risk-on period.

blog_darren_s-100 This Took Marvin From Break Even to Being Profitable.jpg

Marvin has just successfully passed our Level 1. He is now one of The5ers funded traders and is trading with a 40K low-risk funded account on our platform.

His next mission is to reach 10% of profit and double his funds to 80K.

We spoke with Marvin about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and our platform as a funded trader.

• Tell us a little bit about you.
    I’m Marvin, 29, born and raised in Germany. I’m working as a developer in my regular job and started trading as a side hustle right before the pandemic.

• How long have you been trading?
    Almost every day for 2 years, I am a swing Trader.

• Briefly describe your Trading Plan and how it contributes to your success.
    My trading plan includes very clear rules on risk management as well as simple daily and weekly checklists, which help me minimize the time needed every day to find potential setups and manage trades. My strategy is based on basic price action, multi-timeframe analysis, and taking advantage of very clear trends.

• Please share with us a challenge you faced in your trading career and how you overcame it.
    The biggest challenge was definitely “strategy hopping.” The strategy I’m using now is pretty much the same one I used when I was a couple of months into the process, and it was working back then. However, it didn’t work fast enough for me at that time, which is why I tried 2-3 different approaches in the following months. Of course, that didn’t work fast enough either. After reading several books on trading psychology, I could identify impatience as my main problem and decided to not make any changes to positions once they were open. This took me from break-even to being profitable. The funny thing is, looking back, all these strategies worked when you accept losses are part of the game and stick with it for long enough to let the probabilities play out.

• How did you adjust risk management to your trading personality?
    I risk a fixed percentage of my account per trade with a fixed SL and TP, which I will not change once the trade is placed. This makes it easier for me to eliminate false decisions triggered by anxiety or greed and prevents me from having to look at the charts the whole day.

• Describe a key moment in your trading career.
    Seeing losing trades as “costs of business” and not necessarily as an error in my strategy provided a lot of peace of mind for me. Of course, this doesn’t mean one should stop looking for ways to improve, but one should do it based on data, not based on an impulse triggered by a losing trade.

• How long does it take for you to become a consistent trader, and what aspects did you change that helped you to become consistent?
    It took about 1.5 years, and as mentioned earlier, the biggest accelerator to become profitable was to stop “managing” open positions.

• What is your mental/psychological strength, and how did you develop it?
    I think you need to be quite persistent to become profitable. For me, many hours of backtesting helped to increase my confidence in my system and push through the days when things were not going great.

• What was your strategy to successfully pass The5%ers’ First Level?
    Choosing the risk per trade carefully and not rushing the process.

• How is trading for the5ers different from trading by yourself?
    I think psychologically, it’s a bit easier to detach from large sums of money you see in your account since you are not trading with your own capital.

• What would you recommend to someone who is just starting with us?
    Focus on your win rate, not the money values in your account. If you switch from a 200$ account to a 10k account, losses can be quite intimidating when you see those huge red numbers.

• Share online resources that were/are significant in your trading development. Name and links are appreciated.
    I can recommend the books by Mark Douglas. They helped me to understand the psychological side of trading. There is also a video series available on YouTube which summarizes a lot of the content from his books.

• 👉 For more quality trading insight, follow us on Instagram, @the.5ers

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Aug 8th - 12th, 2022

In today’s trading room, we analyzed the charts for the upcoming week. We start with the higher time frames and then check the lower time frames to look for intraday opportunities.

We also analyze the relationship between a strong USD and inflation and possible trading opportunities.

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Aug 15 - 19, 2022

**In today’s trading room**, we discussed the Dollar and especially the EURUSD and GBPUSD key levels for the week.

The Dollar had been depreciating strongly after the CPI news last week, but the Dollar has been retracing all the movement.

It seems to be a fake-out, and the Dollar maintains its status as a strong currency in this period.

Lastly, Ruben has made some scalp at the opening in the Nasdaq, after the market opens strongly.

blog_steven-100 Evaluation Passed in 7 Days.jpg

Steven has just successfully passed our Level 1. He is now one of The5ers funded traders and is trading with an 80K low-risk funded account on our platform.

His next mission is to reach 10% of profit and double his funds to 160K.

We spoke with Steven about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and our platform as a funded trader.

• Tell us a little bit about you.
    I have been on the trading journey for a couple of years while holding a full-time job.

• How long have you been trading?
    I have been trading for 9 years, and I am a part-time Trader.

• Briefly describe your Trading Plan and how it contributes to your success.
    Manage risk and emotions to overcome each psychological obstacle coming my way. Stick to the trading plan and adjust according to market conditions. Eliminate frivolous trades as much as possible.

• Please share with us a challenge you faced in your trading career and how you overcame it.
    The psychological obstacle was a major challenge. It took about 2 years to overcome it by finding out what helps in tackling the blocker in my journey. These include setting up a conducive trading environment, time of the day that trading works well, agreement with family members to create the space for my pursuit, physical objects as reminders to limit the number of poor trades made, and news platforms subscription that help in understanding the reasons for movement of the market, etc.

• How did you adjust risk management to your trading personality?
    I set a limit to the contract size and managed it according to my read of the market. If I am wrong for a consecutive number of trades, the size will be reduced to manage risk.

• Describe a key moment in your trading career.
    I am a trend trader, and there are times that I am unable to pull myself away from the ranging market. The key moment was when I was, for once, able to drag myself away from the trading computer. Later that night, I reflected on my actions for the day and was proud of them.

• How long does it take for you to become a consistent trader, and what aspects did you change that helped you to become consistent?
    It took me 2 years after a friend and mentor shared a key strategy that worked for me. It took a while for it to stick and for me to execute the strategy like a machine. Naturally, I fine-tuned the strategy for a better fit for my trading personality.

• What is your mental/psychological strength, and how did you develop it?
    The psychological obstacle is a major challenge for me, and I am still continuing to work on it and understand myself a little better each day. Reflection on my actions every day is one of the key tools to continue the battle. There is never a destination. It is a journey without a finishing line. We only stop if we make a decision not to carry on the journey or if we breathe our last breath.

• What was your strategy to successfully pass The5%ers’ First Level?
    Stick to the plan. Adjust according to market conditions. Manage risk, expectations, and emotions. If it is not working well for the day, walk away.

• How is trading for the5ers different from trading by yourself?
    Trading for the5ers provides a platform to constantly monitor my progress to keep me on my toes. Trading by myself gave more room for frivolous trades, and funding by myself is limiting.

• What would you recommend to someone who is just starting with us?
    Demo trade your strategy until you are sure of what you do. Try again if you fail. No one achieves success from day 1.

• Would you like to share anything else with us?
    You guys are great!
👉 For more interviews from our professionally funded traders, visit The5ers site

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Aug 22 - 26, 2022

In today’s trading room, we analyzed the charts for the upcoming week. We start with the higher time frames and then check the lower time frames to look for intraday opportunities.

We also discussed the EURUSD, which again reached parity. The Dollar remains very strong against all the pairs, and especially against the EUR, which is very weak.

Regarding Indices, this should be the end of the summer rally as indicators seem to be in overbought territory.

👉 We will go LIVE tomorrow @9:00 AM EDT on The5ers Youtube channel

EURUSD broke and held below parity for the first time in 20 years. Fundamentally this has a lot of repercussions, but the technical charts are clear.

Where do you think it's heading next?

image (9).png

From $25K to $125K Bootcamp Account in Less Than 2 Months.

Tine successfully passed and scaled up his Bootcamp account in less than two months. He is now trading the $125K funded account.

His next objective is to reach a 5% profit to scale up his account to $150K.

We spoke with Tine about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and our platform as a funded trader.

👉 Weekly Forex Analysis Aug 29 – Sept 2, 2022

In today’s trading room, we discussed the large movement in the Dollar last Friday due to the Jackson Hole event. The dollar strengthens again after this event.

However, the other basket currencies tend to fight at the beginning of the week.

We also talked about US indices after the sell-off of Friday. We probably switched from a bearish to a neutral environment.

👉 We will go LIVE tomorrow @9:00 AM EDT on The5ers Youtube channel

Back
Top Bottom